Read, get active, and win prizes at the 2018 Summer Reading Program. Registration begins Monday, June 4.
Children and teens can receive prizes for reading and completing physical activities. Those that complete their reading and activity log early can try the Super Reader Challenge for a chance to win a grand prize. This year’s grand prize choices are a bike, State Fair tickets, Kings Island tickets, a gift certificate to DiamondZ, or a ride to the first day of school at London Elementary School on a fire truck. Adults can enter a weekly drawing for prizes as well as a grand prize of a $100 Amazon gift card.
The library will also have a variety of programs for children, teens, and adults.
Some of the highlights include:
• The Summer Reading kickoff with the Columbus Zoo where families can meet up to six different zoo animals from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Monday, June 4.
• A visit from an OSU Paleontologist 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 5.
• Art in the Library with children’s book illustrator Joe Sutphin, who will perform an ink drawing demonstration from 2-3 p.m. on Thursday, June 7.
• Teen Rock Painting from 1-3 p.m. on Friday, June 8.
• Teen Painting from 4-6 p.m. on Friday, June 12.
• The Summer Concert Series featuring The Buzzard Kings from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, June 15, Tropical Night from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, June 22, The Drew Allen Duo from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, July 20, and Arnett Howard from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Friday, July 27.
• A five session workshop for teens in which they get to work with COSI educators to build a 3D printer from scratch from 3-5 p.m. on Monday, June 25.
• A visit from educational group The Caravan who will retell a classic children’s story with the help of sound effects made out of household objects and teach children how to create their own from 2-3 p.m. on Thursday, June 28.
For more information on the many Summer Reading Program events, visit the library’s website at www.mylondonlibrary.org or the Events section of the library’s Facebook page. Registration is required for some events. You can register by stopping by the service desk or calling the library at 740-852-9543.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU