Madison County parents of all our little ghouls and goblins are reminded that the annual 2017 Halloween Costume Contest sponsored each year by The Madison Press is under way. To make it easier to bring your little Wonder Women and Spidermen to our offices to have their photos taken, we are extending our hours from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. today, Thursday and Friday.
Here is how our annual Halloween Costume Contest works:
• There are three age categories: Age newborn to 3; 4 to 8; and 9 and older.
• Please bring your costumed kids to The Madison Press offices, 55 W. High St., London, and we will take their photos for the contest. The hours are from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. today, Thursday and Friday.
• If you prefer, you can email us the child’s photo in costume beginning now and running through Friday, Oct. 27 at 5 p.m. Send the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and be sure to include the child’s full name and age, plus a phone number where we can reach you. The emailed photo should be a jpeg file.
• A panel of judges will then pick winners in each category and award prizes to the kids with the winning costumes.
• All of the photos will be published in our Tuesday, Oct. 31 Madison Press issue, where the winners in the categories will be announced.