Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. CRUZ ANGERS GOP FAITHFUL
Boos fill the convention hall as the one-time presidential candidate finishes his prime-time speech without endorsing Trump.
2. TRUMP AIDE TAKES BLAME FOR CRIBBING MATERIAL
A staff writer at Trump’s business says she was the one who lifted several phrases from Michelle Obama that wound up in Melania Trump’s speech to the GOP convention.
3. LOUISIANA GUNMAN LEFT BEHIND MANIFESTO
The man who ambushed and killed three law enforcement officers in Baton Rouge described his rampage in the handwritten document as a “necessary evil.”
4. TURKEY CLOSING HUNDREDS OF SCHOOLS
The continuing crackdown on perceived enemies following a failed coup spurs fears that the Erdogan government is throwing key institutions into disarray.
5. EXPECTED DEFEAT OF ISLAMIC STATE GROUP RAISES QUESTIONS
Defense leaders meeting in Washington express concerns about whether the rest of the world is ready to help rebuild war-torn cities like Mosul in Iraq and Raqqa in Syria.
6. WHO’S STILL IN A HOLDING PATTERN
Five years after Atlantis completed the space shuttle program’s final voyage, NASA remains at least a year away from launching its astronauts from U.S. soil.
7. WORLD’S LARGEST BEER MAKER GETTING EVEN LARGER
Anheuser-Busch InBev reaches an agreement with the Justice Department that clears the way for U.S. approval of its merger with SABMiller.
8. WHICH OTHER BIG CONVENTION IS BEING HELD THIS WEEK
Hordes of zombies, legions of Stormtroopers and leagues of superheroes gather in San Diego for the pop-culture celebration Comic Con.
9. ‘GHOSTBUSTERS’ STAR LATEST CELEB TO ABANDON TWITTER
Leslie Jones drops off the social network after becoming the target of a torrent of racist and sexist comments.
10. WHY ‘GOLD’ MEDAL IS A MISNOMER
The medals given to Olympic champions are actually silver, with a tiny amount of gold plating.