Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. TRUMP SECURES GOP NOMINATION FOR PRESIDENT
A roll call vote at the party convention makes official something the political establishment once deemed impossible.
2. MELANIA’S MOMENT MARRED BY PLAGIARISM CLAIM
A defiant Trump campaign slaps away criticism as questions swirl about how part of his wife’s speech happened to mirror nearly word-for-word Michelle Obama’s in 2008.
3. TURMOIL UNSETTLES TOP RANKS AT FOX
Roger Ailes’ attorney denies allegations that the Fox News Network chief sexually harassed star anchor Megyn Kelly.
4. ERDOGAN GOVERNMENT ESCALATES CRACKDOWN
Tens of thousands of public employees across Turkey are fired in a purge of people the government claims have ties to plotters of last week’s attempted coup.
5. WHAT’S RESULT OF BLOODY ATTACK IN FRANCE
Fears of copycat assaults are gripping many in Europe after the truck rampage that killed dozens on a Nice beachfront.
6. TICKET SALES LAG AS OLYMPICS APPROACH
In an effort to boost sales, fans outside Brazil are being offered tickets at local rates in Brazilian reals — meaning bargains can be had.
7. WHY GERMAN AUTHORITIES FEEL INHIBITED IN WAKE OF SLASHINGS ON TRAIN
While calling for increased security measures, they concede that preventing attacks from lone-wolf suspects is next to impossible.
8. HOW SHOOTINGS HAVE REMADE BATON ROUGE’S CITYSCAPE
The Louisiana capital is now a town marked by memorials — flowers, balloons and stuffed animals with notes of condolences.
9. WOMEN ACROSS RUSSIA, UKRAINE FIND COMMON GROUND
A Ukrainian journalist’s Facebook post prompts hundreds of women in Ukraine and Russia to put aside their fears and share stories of sexual violence and harassment.
10. TIGER WOODS WITHDRAWS FROM PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
It’s the first time in his career that Woods, who’s rehabbing from back surgery, will miss all four majors in a year.