Farm families in Madison, Champaign, Clark, Pickaway and Fairfield counties are invited to attend a seminar on the latest farm estate planning strategies to protect and transfer farm estate to the next generation.
The seminar will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 13, at the Madison County Engineer’s Office (located between Wendy’s and McDonalds), 825 U.S. Route 42 N.E., London. Light refreshments will be provided by Farm Credit.
Farm Estate Tax Attorney, Douglas R. Jackson and Richard K. Shirer, CLU, LUTCF, CLTC will present the information, titled “Transferring the Farm to Heirs.”
The event is being sponsored by Farm Credit Financial Service officers, Jerick Abbott and Ashley Culp, along with John Griffith, partner with JD Equipment.
The following issues will be discussed:
• The effect of the new estate tax laws on farm estate settlement costs
• Distribution options for heirs
• Options for farm heirs to purchase farm assets
• Ways to protect assets from long term care issues
• Advantages of revocable living trusts and irrevocable living trusts
RSVP by calling (614) 932-0854 by Monday, Aug. 11.