EDITOR’S NOTE: While charges have been filed by law enforcement officers against some of the following people, they have not been found guilty of violations. Charges against persons may be dismissed or individuals may be found not guilty in a court. Unless a person is found guilty, he or she remains not guilty.
Saturday, Aug. 2
London resident Shannon L. Barnhart was charged with obstructing official business after reporting her vehicle missing at her residence near First Street.
Thursday, Aug. 7
• Dwayne A. Crace, 48, of Grove City, was arrested between 5 and 6 p.m. on charges of receiving stolen property. Crace and another man broke down in a maroon van on Old Xenia Road in London. The responding officer realized the van was stolen. Crace also claimed to be his brother, which the officer realized was false when looking at a picture. Harris was arrested by another officer on suspicion of theft from his mother.
• A London resident reported their Chevrolet Malibu stolen near their residence on Van Wagener Road. The incident took place between Aug. 6 at 9 p.m. and Aug. 7 at 8 a.m. The keys were located in the vehicle’s center console. There were no suspects at the time of the report.
Saturday, Aug. 9
• A London resident reported several tools stolen from the garage at their residence near Lafayette-Plain City Road. There were no signs of forced entry visible. The incident took place between Aug. 7 at 11 a.m and Aug. 9 at 2 p.m. The victim changed locks and reported the missing items to the responding officer. There were no suspects at the time of this report.
• A London resident reported their purse stolen outside Lafayette United Methodist Church after an event. The incident took place Aug. 9 between 5:30 and 6 p.m. The victim’s window was allegedly smashed, and the unknown suspect stole the purse, which was covered by a canvas bag.
Tuesday, Aug. 12
• A West Jefferson resident reported that several items in a barn at their residence near Olmstead Road were stolen and moved around. The incident occurred between Aug. 11 at 6 p.m. and Aug. 12 at 6 a.m. There were no suspects at the time of this report.
• A Mount Sterling resident reported their trailer missing from the back yard of their residence near London Street. The incident took place between Aug. 10 at 2 p.m. and Aug. 12 at 9 a.m. There were no suspects at the time of this report.