The London Visual Arts Guild is providing youth art classes. The guild meets the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. at Studio 7, 7 E. High St., London.
The instructor for youth and mosaic classes will be Colleen Van Steen. She has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Ohio University. She has taught art for 35 years. She currently works for Clark State and its outreach program ‘Project Jericho’ and also teaches classes at Studio 7.
• Papier Maché Horse or Camel will be held from 4 to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 28, Friday, Oct. 3, Sunday, Oct. 12 and Friday, Oct. 17 or from 8 to 9:30 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 22, Tuesday, Dec. 23, Friday, Dec. 26 and Saturday, Dec. 27 for fourth grade and up. The fee is $40.
• Paper Maché People Sculpture will be held from 8 to 9:15 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 15, Saturday, Aug. 16, Monday, Aug. 18 and Tuesday, Aug. 19 for third grade and up. The fee is $40. Construct action figures using paper maché then paint in the details. All materials are included.
• Sculpture Camp will be held from 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 9, Monday, Aug. 11 and Tuesday, Aug. 12 or from 4 to 6 p.m. from Thursday, Sept. 18 through Sunday, Sept. 21 for fourth grade and up. The fee is $65. Students will work with paper maché to construct a three piece interactive sculpture.
• Painting Still Life With Youth will be held from 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Aug. 13 and Thursday, Aug. 14 or from 2:15 to 3:45 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 14 or from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, Sept. 20, for first through sixth grades. The fee is $30. Students will complete one to two 5 by 7 inch paintings during class time.
• Floating Medallion Painting will be held from 10 a.m. to noon on Friday, Oct. 17 and Saturday, Oct. 18, and Sunday, Oct. 19 or from 8 to 10 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 8, Saturday, Nov. 15 and Saturday, Nov. 22 for second grade to adults. The fee is $55. Multicolored painting with repetitious designs using festive colors on canvas. Cost includes all supplies.
• Imaginary birds will be held from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 11 through Thursday, Aug. 14 for third grade through adults. The fee is $40. Students will create their own bird using paper maché then decorate to make their own one of a kind bird species.
• Mosaic Pots will be held from 8 to 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 20 and from 2:15 to 3:45 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 21 or from 8 to 9:30 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 17 and Saturday, Oct. 18 for all ages. The fee is $35. A little paint on the bottom, mosaic on the top and you are ready to display your plants in a most unique container. Great project for parent and child. All supplies are provided.
To register for classes go to www.londonvisualartsguild.org. Classes are held at the Studio 7, 7 E. High St., London.
London Visual Arts Guild is the non-profit/charitable, 501(c)(3) artist organization which runs the Gallery on High and Studio 7. The guild recruits artists, then schedule, hang and publicize the exhibits, and keep the Gallery open. The guild also organizes, teaches and publicizes all classes held in Studio 7. LVAG is an all-volunteer organization which runs the Gallery and Studio 7 using only volunteer hours.