Tolles Career & Technical Center students in business, computer and media programs recently competed in the Ohio Business Professionals of America (BPA) State Competition in Columbus with several advancing to national competition in Orlando, Florida, in May.
Students advancing to national competition include:
• First Place Broadcast News Team: Victoria Allison, Grace Hamman, Rachel Johnson and Emily Norris, all students in the Broadcast Video Production Satellite at Dublin Scioto High School
• Second Place Video Production Team: Ellie Blankenhorn, Kylie Young, Paige Warren, Abby Vollmer, all students in the Broadcast Video Production Satellite at Dublin Coffman High School
Students who placed at state competition include:
• Eighth Place Java Programming: Sam Gernstetter, a junior in the IT Academy Satellite at Dublin Scioto High School
• Eighth Place Economic Research Team: Gabe Simon (freshman, Hilliard Davidson), Yash Somani (senior, Hilliard Darby) and A.J. VanVoorhis (junior, Hilliard Davidson), students in the Academy INC Satellite at the McVey Innovative Learning Center
• 14th Place Fundamentals of Web Design: Kyle Kohli, an Interactive Media student from Hilliard Davidson
• 15th Place Computer Security: Jason Orgel, a Computer Networking and Support Technology student from Hilliard Darby
• 15th Place Small Business Management Team: Melany Ayala (Dublin Scioto), Arely Buentello (Hilliard Bradley) and José Galvan (Hilliard Darby), all students in Marketing and Logistics
• 19th Place Fundamental Accounting: Zach Ayyash, a Marketing and Logistics student from Dublin Scioto
• 27th Place Fundamental Accounting: Janya Tyree, a Marketing and Logistics student from Hilliard Darby
BPA is the leading Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO) for students pursuing careers in business management, office administration, information technology and other related career fields. The Ohio Association is the second largest state association within BPA with approximately 7,200 secondary and postsecondary members.
Established in 1974, Tolles is a career and technical school providing a launchpad for both high school students and adult learners. Located south of Plain City Tolles serves Dublin, Fairbanks, Hilliard, Jonathan Alder, London, Madison-Plains and Jefferson Local school districts. By combining bankable skills with rigorous academics, Tolles continues to post uplifting results for students and the community. Tolles serves an average of 650 high school students on its Plain City campus and another 850-plus in middle school and high school satellite programs located in Dublin City Schools, Hilliard City Schools, Fairbanks Local Schools, Jonathan Alder Local Schools, Jefferson Local Schools, and at Dublin Methodist Hospital.
For additional information about Tolles call 614-873-4666, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.tollestech.com.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU