Melinda Elliott, owner of Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd., has completed the REGREEN program, a program created through a partnership between the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) Foundation and the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
“I am thrilled to offer green interior design services to those interested in creating a healthy environment to live and work in,” Elliott stated in a release. “It’s so exciting combine two of my passions — home design and wellness — into my business.”
The REGREEN guidelines can be applied to a variety of indoor projects including new home construction, remodeling a room, creating a major addition, and executing an entire whole home rehab.
The REGREEN certification allows Elliott to help her clients:
1. Address the major elements of any renovation project, including the site of the home, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, material and resources, and indoor environmental quality.
2. Make product selections for building or home remodeling projects that help to create a clean, safe and less- toxic and healthy environment.
3. Integrate building systems using proven green technologies.
4. Save money by providing a wide array of green choices from doing laundry to energy efficiency that fit a family’s needs.
5. Integrate green living concepts all at once or overtime, to help a client’s home or office.
Fine Designs & Interiors is located at 11 S. Main St. in London; (740) 852-6226.
To learn more, visit www.shopFDI.com.