Employee theft will be the topic at the next monthly Lunch and Learn, presented by the the Madison County Chamber of Commerce.
The event is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 25 in the Chamber of Commerce conference room, 730 Keny Boulevard, London. Lunch will be provided free of charge for members, and for $5 for non-members.
Greg Perkins, investigator with the London Police Department, will be the speaker. Guests are invited to come learn about warning signs to look for, preventative measures and ways to handle unique situations.
Perkins was sworn in as a police officer in July 1996 in the Mount Sterling Police Department, eventually working his way up to chief of police. He was hired by the London Police Department in October 2006, and has worked in investigations and training for most of his career.
“Investigations have always been a passion of mine throughout my career. I enjoy helping the victims come to some sense of closure to a serious event that has occurred in their life,” Perkins stated.
To reserve a spot call Brynne Mayne at 740-852-2250.
The Lunch and Learn schedule for 2016 is as follows:
• Feb. 29: Utilizing Social Media to Market your Business
• March 21: Improving Customer Service Skills
• April 25: Benefits of Being a Chamber Member — How to fully take advantage of all the Chamber has to offer
• May 23: Effective Leadership
• June 27: Perfecting Public Speaking Skills
• July 25: Resources to take Advantage of: Small Business Development Center
• Aug. 29: Employing Millennials
• Sept. 26: Facilitating a Drug Free Workplace
• Oct. 31: Emergency Planning
• Nov. 21: Shop Local — Small Business Owners Round Table
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU