Tolles Career & Technical Center will host its Pathways Camp, a personalized summer workshop experience for students in sixth through eighth grades, from June 5-8.
The camp will allow students in middle school to learn from Tolles instructors during half-day or full-day sessions in various career fields, including computers, cosmetology, engineering, healthcare, environmental science and nature, animals, automotive, fashion and art, and culinary arts.
Cost is $15 per session and all campers receive a Pathways Camp T-shirt.
“The camp is set up so students and their parents can pick which pathways they are most interested, and it also gives them the freedom to choose how many sessions and days they wish to be involved at camp,” said Beth Fogelsong, camp coordinator. “All sessions are taught by Tolles instructors and are open to students within our district, which includes Dublin, Fairbanks, Hilliard, Jefferson Local, Jonathan Alder, London and Madison-Plains.”
Sessions offered during the June 5-8 Pathways Camp include:
• Mini Me I and II Cosmetology sessions give students the opportunity to explore cosmetology
• Programming Microcontrollers and Robot Roundup sessions are hands-on exploration of robotics and engineering
• First Aid/CPR and Sports/Fitness sessions explore the areas of healthcare, sports and medicine
• New Tech, Now What?, Computer Networking and Colorful Cables sessions allow students to get involved in the area of information technology
• Troubled Waters, Natural Resources and Nature Interpretations are three sessions that get students outdoors exploring the environment
• Culinary and Cooking sessions explore the profession of culinary arts
• Basic Vehicle Servicing and Preventative Car Maintenance sessions will allow students to explore automotive careers
• Childcare I & II give students the opportunity to explore careers in education
• Basic Animal Care/Nutrition is a session designed to give students hands-on opportunities in animal industry
• Equine Management is an all-day session that will take place at Breakaway Farms in Mount Sterling
Space is limited in each session. All information, including registration, is available at TollesTech.com.
For more information contact 614-873-4666, ext. 4295 or firstname.lastname@example.org.