Five bids for the bike path seal coat project were submitted Monday morning at the Madison County commissioners meeting.
The project involves seal coating 6.4 miles of the Prairie Grass Bike trail from the trail head behind the senior citizens center to the Clark County line.
The bids included:
• Professional Paving Service, $49,500, cashier’s check provided in lieu of bond
• Holland Asphalt Seal coating, $25,244, bond provided
• Duraseal of Ohio, $25,244, bond provided
• Vasco Asphalt Co., $ 36,384, bond provided
• Executive Asphalt, $24,900, no bond provided
Jim Schneider, project manager of the Madison County Parks, said the last bid, with no bond provided, was disqualified. The remaining bids will be reviewed.
The project will be awarded at the next commissioners meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 16.
Dean Shipley can be reached at 740-852-1616, ext. 1617, on Facebook at Dean Shipley or via Twitter @DeanAShipley
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU