Upcoming events at the Mt. Sterling Public Library:
• There will be no Preschool Storytime Monday, Nov. 7.
• The library will be closed in honor of Veterans Day on Friday, Nov. 11. It will re-open Saturday, Nov. 12.
• November Ladies Night Out will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 28 in the library community room. Showing on the big screen will be the recently released film “Wild Oats,” a comedy rated PG-13, starring Shirley McClain and Jessica Lange. Fun for ladies only. It is a potluck event. Popcorn and assorted beverages provided.
• November/December Around Town Book Club will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 1. Meet at the library and travel to Deer Creek Lodge, or there by 7 p.m. for their annual Christmas book club meeting in the lounge. Open to adult men and women of all ages.
• There will be no Friends of the Library meeting in November. The next meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 13 in the library meeting room. They will discuss future fundraisers and details for the February 2017 Victorian Tea and March 2017 Spaghetti Dinner. They are in their ninth year. New members are always needed.
• Bookmobile is scheduled every week on Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Madison-Plains campus (not open to public); every other week on Wednesday from 3 to 3:45 p.m. at the South Solon Grace Church parking lot and from 2:45 to 4 p.m. at Midway. Midway (Nov. 9 and Nov. 23) and South Solon Grace Church (Nov. 16 and Nov. 30) will alternate weeks. If you have any suggestions to improve your experience with the bookmobile service, or any ideas to better utilize this service, please attend a library board meeting to give your input.
• Mt. Sterling Public Library has created a new initiative to promote early literacy called the “Super Reader Club.” The library has a list of 100 picture books that are recommended for children to read or have read to them before starting kindergarten. Parents interested in participating in this program with their child may pick up the list at the library. Once the hundred books are read, the parents turn in the list, and the child receives their Super Reading Club trophy and certificate of completion. This program will last until Summer Reading Club starts in June 2017.
• Preschool Storytime has began on Mondays at 10:30 a.m. in the library community room. Parents of preschool children 3-5 years old are encouraged to bring their children for a fun and interactive learning and social hour. A different theme each week, there will be a story and coordinating age-appropriate craft. Held every Monday at 10:30 a.m. except in times of inclement weather, school cancellations, or holiday closures.
• Library hours of operation are as follows: Mondays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to 7 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and closed on Sundays. For more information, call 740-869-2430, email email@example.com, visit www.mtsterlingpubliclibrary.org or go to www.facebook.com/MtSterlingPublicLibrary. The library is located at 60 W. Columbus St., Mount Sterling.
• Mt. Sterling Community Museum hours of operation are Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information contact Museum Director Steve Chambers at 740-869-9305, write, 60 W. Columbus St., Suite B1, Attention Museum, Mt. Sterling, OH 43143 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU