Upcoming events at the Mt. Sterling Public Library:
• Mt. Sterling Public Library has created a new initiative to promote early literacy called the “Super Reader Club.” The library has a list of 100 picture books that are recommended for children to read or have read to them before starting kindergarten. Parents interested in participating in this program with their child may pick up the list at the library. Once the hundred books are read, the parents turn in the list, and the child receives their Super Reading Club trophy and certificate of completion. This program will last until Summer Reading Club starts in June 2017.
• Preschool Storytime has began on Mondays at 10:30 a.m. in the library community room. Parents of preschool children 3-5 years old are encouraged to bring their children for a fun and interactive learning and social hour. A different theme each week, there will be a story and coordinating age-appropriate craft. Held every Monday at 10:30 a.m. except in times of inclement weather, school cancellations, or holiday closures.
• Bookmobile is scheduled every week on Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Madison-Plains campus (not open to public); every other week on Wednesday from 3 to 3:45 p.m. at the South Solon Grace Church parking lot and from 2:45 to 4 p.m. at Midway. Midway (Oct. 26) and South Solon Grace Church (Nov. 2) will alternate weeks. If you have any suggestions to improve your experience with the bookmobile service, or any ideas to better utilize this service, please attend a library board meeting to give your input.
• October Ladies Night Out will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 24 in the library community room. Showing on the big screen will be the recently released film “Love and Friendship” a comedy rated PG-13. Food, film, and fun for ladies only at this popular, potluck event. Bring any dish you wish to share. Popcorn and assorted beverages provided. Congratulations to newcomer Margaret Conway for winning the door prize at the August event.
• October Around Town Book Club will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 27 at Deer Creek campground for their annual Halloween book club meeting around the campfire. They will be discussing and reviewing the book “The Witch of Painted Sorrows” by M.J. Rose. Books are available at the library now. Congratulations to Julie Stroup for winning the August door prize from the drawing of the two winning teams in the challenge. Open to adult men and women of all ages.
• Library Bookmobile will be downtown for Trick or Treat from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 31. Friends of the Library members will be handing out candy in the bookmobile, which they are decorating for the spooky festivities.
• There will be no Friends of the Library meeting in November. The next meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 13 in the library meeting room. They will discuss future fundraisers and details for the February 2017 Victorian Tea and March 2017 Spaghetti Dinner. They are in their ninth year. New members are always needed.
• Library hours of operation are as follows: Mondays and Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon to 7 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and closed on Sundays. For more information, call 740-869-2430, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.mtsterlingpubliclibrary.org or go to www.facebook.com/MtSterlingPublicLibrary. The library is located at 60 W. Columbus St., Mount Sterling.
• Mt. Sterling Community Museum hours of operation are Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information contact Museum Director Steve Chambers at 740-869-9305, write, 60 W. Columbus St., Suite B1, Attention Museum, Mt. Sterling, OH 43143 or email email@example.com.