Sunday, Feb. 28
• Tack Swap and Sale, Madison County Fairgrounds, 205 Elm St., London, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., admission $1, 5 years old and under free. Proceeds to benefit the 4-H Equine program in Madison County. For more information call Karen Buscemi at 740-604-7700 or Theresa Powell at 614-329-0077.
• Madison County Historical Society, Madison County Historical Museum, 260 E. High St., London, log cabin quilt made by Virginia Myers Morgan will be on display from 1 to 4 p.m. Parking is available on East First Street.
Monday, Feb. 29
• AARP Tax Foundation tax site, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, Emergency Management Agency, 271 Elm St., London. Appointments may be made through the Madison County Senior Center, 280 W. High St., London at 740-852-3001 or come in person. Membership in AARP is not required. It is free. There are also no age restrictions.
• Madison-Plains Board of Education, 5:30 p.m., district meeting room in the elementary building, 47 Linson Road, London. The purpose of the meeting is strategic planning.
• Madison-Champaign Educational Service Center Governing Board, 6 p.m., Urbana Board Office, 1512 S. U.S. Route 68, Suite J100, Urbana.
Tuesday, March 1
• London Parks and Recreation Commission, 6 p.m., Community Center, 60 S. Walnut St., London.
• London Board of Zoning Appeals, 7 p.m., council chambers, 6 E. Second St., London.
• Pleasant Valley Joint Fire District, special meeting, 7 p.m., 650 W. Main St., Plain City. The purpose of the meeting is concerning R.C.121.11 Subsection G1 to discuss employee compensation.
• Canaan Township Board of Trustees, 7 p.m., township building, 8055 U.S. Route 42 S., Plain City.
Wednesday, March 2
• Jefferson Local Board of Education, special meeting, 6 p.m., central offices, 906 W. Main St., West Jefferson. Purpose of the meeting will be executive session to discuss personnel.
• London City Properties Committee, 6 p.m., council chambers, 6 E. Second St., London.
• National Weather Service, Madison County EMA and the Madison County ARES, hosting Severe Weather Spotter Training, 6:30 p.m., Madison County EMA office, 271 Elm St., London. Anyone interested needs to RSVP to EMA at 740-852-4200. Refreshments will be provided.
Thursday, March 3
• Madison County Area Realty Association, 8:30 a.m., meeting/breakfast building, Madison House, 351 Keny Blvd., London. The topic will be home warranties. All realtors and affiliates are welcome.
• Madison County Republican Party annual Lincoln Day Dinner, First Methodist Church, 52 N. Main St., London. A social hour starts at 6 p.m. with dinner served at 7 p.m. The speaker will be State Central Committee Member and former State Senator, Steve Austria. Call 740-506-1108 for reservations.
• London City Council, 6:30 p.m., council chambers, 6 E. Second St., London.
Saturday, March 5
• Plain City Lions Club’s annual Pancake and Sausage Breakfast, Plain City Presbyterian Church, 231 E. Main St., Plain City, 7 to 10:30 a.m. The cost is $6 for ages 6 through adult. In case of inclement weather, the snow date will be March 12. Proceeds from this event helps provide eye exams and glasses for local community children and adults.
Sunday, March 6
• West Jefferson Youth Athletic Association, 6 p.m., 1740 Cumberland Road, London, beside the Red Brick Tavern (previously the Deer Creek School in Lafayette). Meetings are open to the public.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU