By Diana Shaw
January 9, 2014
Volunteer tax preparation services will again be available in London. Volunteers will be helping people whose incomes are $53,000 or less and will electronically file federal and state tax returns. Community Action Organization, 255 W. High St., in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service, will kick-off the tax season at the Community Action office from noon to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 21. They will also be providing free tax preparation on Saturday starting on Jan. 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Taxpayers must have a valid photo ID and social security cards for themselves, spouses, and dependents. For joint returns, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms. Taxpayers should also bring:
• This year’s tax information including W-2’s
• Unemployment income
• Social Security income (form SSA-1099)
• For homeowner’s, mortgage interest and real estate taxes paid
• Interest and dividend statements (form 1099)
• Any other information concerning their income and expenses for 2013
Appointments are strongly encouraged but walk-ins will be accepted. To schedule an appointment, call Community Action at (740) 852-3511. This service will be available each Thursday and Saturday throughout tax season.