2013 dog tags on sale
By Dean Shipley
It’s that time of year again.
When the calendar reads Dec. 1, Madison County residents who are dog owners know it’s time to buy that “puppy” (three months old and older) a new dog tag. Actually, the auditor’s office has already sent out renewal notices to those owners who bought dog tags this year.
But “officially,” dog licenses go on sale today, said Gary Kronk, sheriff’s deputy and dog warden. At $14 from now until Jan. 31, 2013, Kronk said that tag safeguards the canine if it happens to wander away from home.
“If we pick up your dog, we can get it home quickly,” Kronk said.
From Feb. 1, 2013 onward the cost of the dog license doubles to $28. Replacement tags are $5.
To raise funds for the Humane Society of Madison County, auditor Jennifer Hunter purchased dog tag no. 2301 [edit: The dog tag's actual number is 0001] and will offer it as a prize in a drawing. Tickets are $1 and are available at the auditor’s office only, which is located in the Madison County Courthouse, 1 N. Main St., London. No mail entries for raffle tickets will be accepted. Each entry is $1. There is no limit to the number of times a person may enter. The winning ticket will be drawn at 10 a.m. on Jan. 11, 2013. The winner need not be present to win.
All proceeds from this raffle will be donated to the Humane Society of Madison County.
Sites to buy the 2013 dog license include the following:
• Yoder’s Hardware, Plain City
• Plain City Animal Hospital
• West Jefferson Hardware
• West Jefferson Animal Hospital
• Sheffield Veterinary Clinic, London
• Dwyer’s Hardware, London
• Choctaw Lake
• Rapp Hardware, Mt. Sterling
• Reiterman Feed, Mt. Sterling
• First Commercial Bank, Sedalia
• Auditor’s Office, Madison County Courthouse, London
• From Deputy Kronk
• Humane Society of Madison County, 2020 Plain City-Georgesville Road, West Jefferson
• online: http://co.madison.oh.us/auditor/ Click on dog tags